Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun in the Sun

I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend, and I truly hope that you all were able to take a small moment out of your fun filled weekends to say a prayer for those brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms as well as a prayer for those families who will forever have an empty chair at the dinner table, and a empty place in their hearts. Not many people know, but memorial day is a day for those who died for our freedom. Veteran's day is a day for those who continue to fight for our freedom, our military service members past and present. It's somewhat sad that there are only two days a year for our military members, I know the vast majority it doesn't affect as much but in the military community I know we are thankful for them every, single day.

Erik's parents came down this weekend, arrived Friday night. It was so nice to have them here! We really had a great time, I know I did. We spent Saturday at the beach and brought puppy dog along, she didn't like the ocean one bit. I think it's because she is still pretty small, and the ocean is pretty big, but either way she didn't like the ocean. But she did love sunbathing with us and being spoiled. Sunday we (much to my dislike) dropped Jade off at Erik's friends apartment and he watched her while we went to Saint Augustine, which really was a lot of fun. A lot of walking is always involved with visiting that area, but we were able to see a mass in the Cathedral, which was absolutely beautiful. We spent the majority of the day there and came home. We ended up ordering the UFC fight, turns out Erik's mom actually enjoys watching it. I thought that was pretty kool. I only kind of like it, I won't sit down and watch it without Erik but if he wants to watch it I'll watch it as well. Monday we rented a boat on base and brought puppy dog out on the boat, she slept the entire time. It was a lot of fun, I love being out on the water.

Overall, it was a really great weekend. A cashier at the historic Fort in Saint Augustine's gift shop, thanked Erik for his service, his mom for giving the country her son, and me for tolerating it all. I thought was really nice of her. I laughed at the last part. It was so nice to have family in town and have some visitors in the house, it gets kind of quiet and boring when it's just Erik and I. When family is in town, we have reasons to go exploring and what not. Erik's sister and her fiancee will be in town next week, which will be nice. Gives me a week to get the house prettified again. lol. Erik's mom said the house was beautiful and that I had done a great job decorating and that it was immaculate. :) Made me so happy to hear it! That was the goal after all, but it was really, really nice to hear from someone else.

It's back to work this Tuesday, it'd be really nice if the weekend was just another day longer or if there were a recovery day built in. But oh well. Hopefully the week goes well, and I can use the weekend and Monday to get the house pretty before Erik's sister gets in. I'm sure I will, and maybe if I get lucky I can sneak in some relaxation as well, because it's really needed. But here's to a good Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment