Friday, May 20, 2011

It's amazing what a little Tequila can do!

Today is going to be a great day, I can just feel it. I was able to get out last night and meet up with some Navy wives to get drinks. It was really nice to get out and meet ladies, and of course have a few drinks in the process. Things like getting away from the house and having girl talk, really improve my mood. So I'm in a fantastic mood, finally and I'm really feeling like maybe things really will be okay.

In other news the Petty Officer Promotion quota's came out last night. Super duper exciting. I really, really hope that the fifth time is the charm for Erik. He deserves to pick up that extra chevron so badly. I know that for the most part, most of the Sailors up for promotion deserve it. I also know that yes, I'm pretty biased. But in all reality Erik works harder than anyone I know. He got screwed at his last duty station, and is still working harder than anyone I know. I even have a letter from his old CO proving it! But still.. because of lack of face time with his actual command since he was deployed for 18 months out of 2 years he didn't make it. It's a huge ordeal to explain it, so I am just going to do us all a favor and leave it at that. He deserves this.

I also made this amazing Chicken Cordon Blue last night, holy moly I think it was one of the best dishes I've made in a long time. It came out just right, so I'm pretty proud of myself. It was refreshing to try something new and do it in our kitchen. I absolutely love our kitchen and find myself working more at my island than in my office.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I can't believe it's finally Friday already, I don't plan on doing much this weekend outside of cleaning and decorating. Erik's parents will be in town next weekend and I want the house as clean as possible. I do need to go and get some more picture frames, as well as a new vacuum cleaner. Once I vacuum I plan on steam cleaning the carpet in the house, really only the living room and the hallway. The rest of the rooms are clean. Hopefully the steam mop I ordered off of Amazon will be here this week so I can steam mop the floor Friday morning before they arrive, should be interesting with the puppy. It should prove to be a busy weekend since we are cleaning the apartment and turning in the keys as well. Maybe, just maybe I'll find the time to get my eyebrows waxed and a pedicure, I do also need to find a few summer clothes. So.. it should be a packed weekend, I just hope I find time to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment