Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New day

Well, I wanted to apologize about my breakdown yesterday, it was a moment of weakness which I don't have as often as some people think. This is the place that I come to vent, to let it all out and get it off my chest so I'm not bottling it up. But it's a new day, and a fresh start.
Erik came home in a pretty good mood despite that news that yesterday morning brought along with it. I made Sloppy Joes, which Erik has been wanting for a while now. I'm not big on them, but he is. I lightly made a joke about yesterday's situation that had me all upset, and he said who said it makes a difference. So I still have that little glimmer of hope.
Today for the most part is going to be spent cleaning and organizing again. I need to make a short grocery list for some things we need, and I need to go through and match up some coupons with sales. I picked up about 5 newspapers on Sunday and have a TON of coupons. Just need to figure out which ones are things we actually need, and things we could use if we get them for free or close to it. Erik's pretty supportive of my couponing, it is pretty time consuming, which I didn't think it would be. But it's neat, and I love saving us money.
I'm planning my trip home to Virginia Beach in July. Which is a little stressful to be quite honest. I'm trying to stay up there Monday - Thursday and I'd be leaving to drive my Jeep back on Friday. A good friend is planning on riding back with me which will totally make for a fun and awesome trip. Money is really a big factor in it all, and no one can say that it isn't. On top of that, we are going to Kentucky for the first weekend in July for Erik's family reunion thing, and will be driving back on our anniversary. So I'm just trying to find out when flights are cheaper, and whats going to make the most sense. I'm sure I'll figure it out, just takes planning.

But back to work, and back to cleaning. Fun times there, but it's got to be done. I really want this house to be immaculate when his parents arrive on Friday. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment