Saturday, April 30, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Things have been extremely busy here the past few days. We finally closed on our home Thursday afternoon and we've been going and going since. We actually brought over a small truck load on Thursday night, and I had the truck on Friday while Erik had duty, basically meaning that he had to work, and I made a truck load to the new house and we've been going since. It's been a lot of work, and pretty stressful. Moving always is stressful. But anyhow, we stayed our first night last night and are pretty much moved in now we just have a little bit more to do but that's about it. After that it's just cleaning the apartment and turning in our keys.

It's pretty surreal, that we are so young, 24 and 22 and are homeowners. What other 22 year old is concerned about property lines, fencing, and HOA rules? To us it seems perfectly natural, but yet I feel as if we are alone in a pool of minivans. I wouldn't trade it for the world though, that's for damn sure. I love our home, and wouldn't change anything about it. I am so looking forward to decorating it and making it ours.

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update of how things are going. Overall, it's been great, I'm pretty beat up overall, bruises everywhere, cuts, I hurt my ankle pretty bad but I'll live, it's definitely worth it to know that our house is becoming a home more and more with every minute that passes.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment