Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!

Our weekend was a little busy but definitely fun, a much needed weekend that didn't seem like it was gone in the blink of an eye. Our walk through went well Friday, we did a bunch of marking with blue tape of things that need to be taken care of before closing. The guy who did it with us was really nice. I will mention that I am a little frustrated with our realtor (just in case I haven't mentioned it before ) she was really great up until we put in an offer. And then it's like she disappeared. I feel as if that since she knows its our first time buying a home that she should be holding our hand a bit more. Thankfully our Lennar guy, David, is fantastic. He is always so nice and helpful which really makes up for our realtor dropping the ball this past week. Friday night was a lot of fun for me, because for the first time since we moved here I got to get out of the house, without Erik and meet some ladies. Okay, well it wasn't really the first night out without Erik - because I went shopping when he played poker the other night, but it was the first night out for me with other ladies and drinks. It was definitely a lot of fun. The Chillis here does 2 for 1 drinks, which is awesome! So I definitely had some margarita's! I meet a few ladies who were all really nice, I did feel a bit left out since I am the only one that did not have any children and I'm the only one who isn't married, but I was deemed "Common Law" married. Hahaha! Anyways. My wonderful boyfriend came and picked me up and we ended up doing a bit more drinking with his friend at our apartment, and felt like total crap the next morning. Saturday was spent doing a few errands, we ran to the Wax Strip so I could get my eyebrows done and then went to Lowe's and got a clothesline and some plants. We also had to get this tomato contraption since my tomatoes are growing like I'm feeding them steroids, I'm not by the way, but they are HUGE!

Easter Sunday was nice. We went to a church up the road, it was a really big church, and there wasn't enough room. Easter mass is a really big deal, so it was really packed. There were at least a good hundred people standing. That wasn't enjoyable - standing in 6 inch heels for an hour and a half of mass, but it wasn't that bad. We came home and the cooking began. Well technically I started cooking on Saturday evening. I baked the lemon cake and put together my cucumber salad Saturday night. This Easter was my first one away from family and my first one where Erik has been stateside and my first one where I was responsible for dinner. I made an awesome ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cucumber salad, corn, broccoli casserole, stuffing, rolls, and cake. I also put together our Easter baskets. We invited Erik's friend over and two of the guys from work. It was nice having more people over to distract me from missing our family, I really miss being near my parents and brothers, and the neighbors who have become family to us. You never really appreciate their company until they aren't near by.

I get to start packing this week. I'm not planning on doing a huge amount of packing. But just putting things into boxes and leaving them open. Easy packing. I'm really hoping to get everything over there next weekend, but more than likely I am sure there will be plenty of stuff to move. I don't know, I'm sort of a control freak and kind of want it all done at once so we'll see.

Have a great week and have a great Navy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment