Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So...

"Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere"... I love Zack Brown Band and I'd kill to be at the beach rather than working.

On a more serious note, as much as I am enjoying Jacksonville and as much as I am grateful for being here. There are some things that I don't like about this 'adventure'. One the process of starting over in the friend making business. I know, I know I say that a lot. But it is hard being 22 and trying to make friends with people, and having anything in common. Most military affiliated 22 year olds, are married and have babies. Not this girl - so it's a tad bit more difficult. Another thing I don't like, is knowing there are things going on back home and I can't do anything about it.

I know I wasn't the best teenager growing up, I was a pretty good kid until probably 17, I think. At least that's what I am going to go ahead and go with. I just sort of started wanting to go out - normal teenager things. I'd skip school for classes I didn't want to go to - and go to the barn and ride. I didn't get bad until around 18. It started off on normal things, going out clubbing and what not. Your average 18 year old spree - I was in high school still. Any how.. just eventually found my way into the wrong crowd, and the wrong relationship. Thankfully I was grown out of that stage by the time I was 19, about March of 2008. I learned a lot from that bad time, and I really put my family through a lot.

Long story short, I feel like part of the reason my brother is in the spot he is in now is because he had me as a 'role model'. I know, I'm not there telling him to do what he is doing and they are his decisions to make. But I still wish I could be there to fix it, heck I wish I could fix it. Sometimes it's just a bit frustrating being so far away and feeling almost helpless when it comes to family matters.

In happier news, we get the keys to our new home tomorrow and will be doing the closing process. We have our final walk through to make sure everything was fixed at our house and then it's time to sign a ton of papers and we will be home owners! It's really exciting and I can't wait to be in our home and getting settled.

I hope everyone has a great day and I hope where ever you are, its sunny and pretty outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment