Tuesday, March 29, 2011

excitment and let downs

So this house hunting thing is definitely a roller coaster. There are ton's of houses of there, many have what you want but it boils down to the smallest things. Do I like this layout? Can our furniture fit in here? Do we really need these 42" cupboards? Is the backyard large enough? Do we like the stucco? What about the safety of a corner lot? Can we afford to put new carpet in? Will the seller accept this offer? There are so many questions!! There are also thousands of other buyers who are looking, waiting for the hot price to go down just a few thousand, looking for almost all the updates we dream about. Then just when you think you found the one, and can handle all the repairs (if there are any) someone else snatches it up, from right out under you. One minute your excited, the next night your scared to be excited. So that's been an adventure we've been going through lately. And I don't think I am going to share any details or photo's until we are in a contract, then closed and it's our house, just because I am terrified to jynx anything.

On another note, Florida has been a lot better. It's been frustrating waiting for my paychecks to get here in the mail. The change of address was a mess, not to mention the change of address on top of the apartments assigning us a the wrong apartment. Ughhh.. that did not create the funnest situation. So I've been wanting to go to Saint Augustine, which is only 20 minutes away from our apartments. There is a lot to do, the beach, and shopping. So we were supposed to go last weekend, but didn't since we went to look at houses instead, and because my paychecks had not arrived yet. So we were going to go this weekend. Then Erik gets a text message from a friend asking him to go camping. I hate telling him no, ya know? I mean yeah, I do get a little upset when our plans get canceled or moved around and stuff, but he hasn't been home for the past two years, and he deserves to hang out and camp and stuff. It's not like I don't know he hates shopping, but it's not like I can't go by myself. We have one car until my Jeep gets here. Plus it's no fun going alone! I don't have any girlfriends really down here. Ughh.. moving sucks sometimes. But I don't know.. I want to tell him to go and then I want to say no, we had plans. It's dumb.. really it is. I know this. But I don't want to be the wicked girlfriend all the time. We're going to have a lot of things going on and I know it'll make it tough to hang out with friends, and do the things we want to do. I don't know..

The sun hasn't been out here lately, but my garden is going nutso! It makes me happy knowing I have a 'green  thumb'. I can't wait to expand it once we are in a home. Hopefully Mr. Sunshine will be out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment