Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh more house hunting

So we are now venturing into this huge home buying ordeal. Don't get me wrong I am absolutely ecstatic to get into a actual home where I can paint, and decorate, and move things at 2 in the morning on a watch night. Where I can run around in next to nothing and be a complete goof and not worry about having the music up too loud for my neighbors and when I don't have to get annoyed at my neighbors for being too loud. More than anything I just can't wait to put the years of HGTV watching and Southern Living reading to good use! To plant my garden, and to have our home.
Sometimes I feel as if even the smallest things are so jumbled up for me, like I should have boundaries but I don't. I know that makes no sense.. let me explain my thinking a bit.. it might or might not help. As a girlfriend there are certain things that are 'off limits' such as finances, knowing billing statuses, big purchases things like that and things that are okay.. but I don't feel like that. We are so open about everything, it doesn't ever feel like things are off limits. Venturing into this home buying with Erik, it's hard to know my place in all of this. Do I say I love this house? Do I say I absolutely hate it? It's hard sometimes, I know deep down it will be our home but in reality it's his house. We've been together for a while, and sometimes it is just hard to know where I stand.

We were up house hunting last night, and man do some people not have a decorating bone in their body. Some of these houses are just decorated horrifically. It's like a crack head went through and decorated it.. horrible. There are some pretty interesting things you see looking through all the homes that are for sale.

On a separate note I am feeling a lot better, I'm a lot happier and more like my 'normal' self.. I've been off birth control for two weeks now, I can't wait to see what a month brings.. It's just good to be getting back to myself again. I don't feel like I have a boulder pressing down on me anymore and I feel like I can tackle just about anything. Thank goodness. On top of that I have lost about 5 pounds already. I don't know if its necessarily the birth control or if it's just myself eating healthier and wiser. What I do know is I am about 15 pounds away from my goal weight, thankfully, and in 15 pounds I will be the weight I was when I graduated high school. Even if I only loose 10 more pounds, I will still be happy. I don't necessarily think it will be hard, but I think its definitely do-able. I'm starting to volunteer at the horse farm this Sunday, and that in its self is a workout, have you ever worked at a barn? Definitely an all around workout. But I am excited! I'm thrilled to be getting to work with my passion again, and knowing we are house hunting in that area makes it even more exciting :)

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through another blog. Through reading your blog I felt I could relate with you on so many things. In a few months I will be moving over 200 miles away from the area I lived in my whole life and away from my mom who is my best friend to be with my bf who is in the army. I am so scared and nervous for it. If you would like to talk my email is x3onexolove@yahoo.com. I do not have any friends who are military gfs so I feel like I could use friends who understand my life and my decision to move. Sorry if I creeped you out!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete