Friday, February 18, 2011

Beautiful Day!

It is an absolutely gorgeous day out! Oh my, I think today is going to be amazing. I woke up all early, took a shower early and even put make up on. And am baking Is it Better than Sex? Cake. Super yummy. I even got the first official box packed. I'm trying to do this moving/packing thing smartly. So clothes that aren't worn often or much are getting packed first, and the kitchen will be the last thing packed. It makes sense to pack up the things that aren't being used often first, and the common items last. I'm really, really striving to be positive about this and look at the perks and not the downfalls. And I've convinced myself that I am just providing my family a great vacation home. -When dealing with deployments you learn mind games, so why not make them useful afterwards?

But anyhow, I really think today is going to be a good day. I am hoping to go shooting with Erik this afternoon, and I need to go to the store and find a cute outfit for my going away party tomorrow night.

Oh! I almost forgot, my book that I ordered came in. I ordered, "Confessions of a military Wife" by Mollie Gross and it is absolutely hilarious! So funny and truthful. I absolutely love it, and it's definitely a book to recommend to all my military girls. It actually turns out the writer, Mollie, is from Virginia which really makes it easy to relate to. I'm about half way through it already and it came in yesterday. Hahaha! What can I say I read fast. But my favorite expert from it, is actually about Virginia girls, "I am from Virginia. We are not slow enough to be southern or rude enough to be Yankee. We are like the porridge that Goldilocks chose, 'cuz we're just right!' Virginians are just country snobs. We wait till you leave the room to talk trash about you because it would be rude to do so in front of your face. This is not two-faced behavior; it is being polite" I really couldn't of ordered the book at a better time.

Anyhow, time to get back to work and enjoying this beautiful day. And finish up the baking I started. Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment