Friday, October 8, 2010

What do you want?

Ever have that friend, you know that friend that calls when they want or need something, and that's only when they call. I'd like to think everyone does.. if not in reality but to make me feel better (just being honest). Well frankly it pisses me off, (not naming names here) but how can someone go around and just only be 'friends' with a person when they need something. It can be anywhere from needing to vent because of boy issues, to wanting to be a roommate just because they don't want to move home, to needing to rub your face in some sort of 'status'. Its bullshit, there I said it, bullshit.
It's like these days, true friendships are overrated, or hard to find. Why is that? Why is it so hard to have those in your life who are positive and who have empathy when your down about something? Even if you can't understand something completely (like military stuff) at least try to see where someone is coming from. Its sad to look back and see those I hung out and those I was good friends with in high school are absolutely no where to be found in my life present day. And the reason for that is because I'm not going to keep those "What do you want?" people in my life. It's amazing what letting go of the negativity can do and just being with people who want to be in your life.

So, here's to getting ride of those people that bring you down, and appreciating those who bring positivity and enjoyment into your life.

--Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment