Sunday, October 17, 2010

Keeneland Races!

Erik decided to be a sweetheart yesterday and took me to the Keeneland Race Track to go see the races. We meet up with his sister Kelli and her husband after we got there. But it was a ton of FUN!

First off, I'll say this.. I have never seen so many different types of outfits in one social event. There was a ton of tailgating going on in the parking lot, which we didn't expect or prepare for. But back to the outfits.. wow! There were people from blue jeans and tshirts, to girls in skimpy little skirts and high, high, heels. It was pretty entertaining watching the girls who couldn't walk in them, try to. There were guys in  bowties, and in suits. The list could go on and on. But it was a great people watching event.

Kelli taught me how to read the program, what the different icons stood for, what stats to look for if you wanted to bet. There is a lot to it, but its fun once you know what to look for. So we picked and didn't bet and watched the race. At the beginning we weren't able to really get good seats, but we got up close to the ring where the race horses and jockeys were and then got right up close to the track for the Stakes race and ended up scoring some front row seats on the track once people left. I was able to take a ton of pictures.

But it was a blast, we even got a little bit of sun. I ended up getting a sweatshirt (because its getting cold, really cold) and I got a tshirt too (you can never have enough tshirts).

I can't wait to come back for the sales, or another race. Hopefully, we'll get to come down for the Derby and I can finally get my big ol Derby hat that I've been wanting for forever.

Now its time for some nice relaxation and good Sunday food.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment