Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I have Cabin Fever!

Some of you all may or may not know but I work from home. Yes, there are actually legitimate companies that have remote employees. I love my job, I am so grateful for the flexibility I have with it, and the fact that I can take it with me to Jacksonville when we PCS. But it wasn't until I started this job that I realized Cabin Fever does exist.

Don't get me wrong I love my job. I am grateful to have a job where my boss doesn't send me home in tears 4/5 days a week (my job before this was like that, put up with it for a YEAR). But, sitting in front of the computer working for 4-8 hours a day in your home, does get to you believe it or not. Your in one place, day in and day out, the only time I really do get during my work day is to go to classes or to my bosses house to work. But still- being home almost 24/7 gets aggravating. So you turn on the TV, and after a while that doesn't help. I go and work on the balcony and after a while it gets too hot, or too cold or my laptop dies. I start to find reasons to leave the house, just to get out. But then when your trying to save money- you can't do that too often.

So whats the cure for Cabin Fever? And why does everyone want a job that allows you to work from home? I mean yes, it does have its perks but overall I'd love to have my same job- in an office, I guess people don't think about the lack of socializing you get to have when your at home - like no office gossip. So.. I need to figure out a cure for my cabin fever. I've been wanting to start working out again, and getting back into yoga. Maybe I'll try hitting up the gym a few times a week. There is a starbucks up the road- but they are not very healthy. All I know is that- I need an out, something to do, that breaks my day up, something that helps me get out of the house.

-Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment