Thursday, June 21, 2012

Eventful Wednesday

May 18th,

It's been a hectic couple of days here in the H residence. Since wednesday life has taken a pretty big upside down loop, that the Mr and me weren't quite ready for.

So Wednesday morning I woke up just before 5 soaking in sweat and just that tell tale sick feeling and proceeded to run to the toilet where I pretty much hung out throwing up nothing for 5 hours. Dry heaving, and I literally just shoved crackers and water into my mouth so I'd have something to throw up. It was horrible. Top it off I had a bad migraine that just kept progressing. Thankfully - it decided to be a rainy day so there wasn't any intruding sunlight that made me want to poke my eyes out. If you've ever suffered from migraines, you know what I mean. I figured at first the throwing up was the start of my morning sickness, after all I was 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant on Wednesday. But after 4 hours Erik got concerend. Migraines become unbearable if your dehyrdrated - and when I haven't been able to keep anything down for 5 hours, dehydration becomes a huge possibility and I knew that wasn't healthy for me or the baby. So I eventually caved in to Erik and we headed to the base ER. I knew they'd want to do an IV for fluids and I didn't know what exactly I could take for a migraine because the nurses line didn't answer their phone. So - we went.

The triage nurse kind of pissed me off because she assumed I had a 28 day cycle - pushing me back to 6 weeks 3 days. Umm - not true lady. This gal here has 25 day cycles - and I know our conception date so take that. I ignored her. So this nice Dr comes in to see me. I told him why I was here, I also mentioned that I had been having this cramps around my right ovary for two weeks or so now - normally dull and achy but sometimes stabbing and shooting. But I was here for my migraine and the vomiting. Well, the doctor wanted to just confirm the pregnancy was intrauterine since I hadn't had my first real doctors appointment yet - it isn't for another 3 weeks. So - Erik got to witness a transvaginal ultrasound. If I could of taken a picture of his eyes I would of. Hahahaha! Anyways - so he does confirm that the pregnancy was in fact in my uterus - yay! And then proceeds to ask us "What do you think of twins?" Okay - not comfortable to laugh with a dildo cam up your lady area - just saying. Erik has this HUGE smile and is almost laughing and crying at once and I'm just in pain and ask the Doctor if he is kidding. Nope - We have twins. Two healthy heartbeats and two healthy fetal poles. Twin #1 had a bpm of 140 and Twin #2 had a variable bpm of 120-150.

Baby A is at the side, and Baby B is up at the top - kind of hiding.

So they fix my migraine, give me medicine to take home for that and my nausea and tell us I am having twins.

I'm not going to lie - I was severly panic ridden. Erik was overly excited. When you become pregnant you think about 1 baby. Devoting all your time and love and attention to one child. Being able to give one child everything. One crib, a stroller for one baby - the cute easy to fold ones, 1 car seat (we were planning on downgrading my Jeep to a car until we were ready for another child 3 - 4 years down the road). Financially you prepare yourself for one child. So up until yesterday I was in this panic funk. But it hit me yesterday.
Twins just mean twice as many kisses, twice as many milestones, double the love, double the cute little toes. They'll always have a best friend no matter where the Navy sends us. I'm not sure why I doubted Erik and I and God's plan for us. But I'm really not going to do that anymore. God has a plan, and through him all things are possible. I just need to trust in that.

So - now I can say I'm overly thrilled and so excited. I can't wait to be a mommy of two! It's definitely going to be an upside down adventure, but I can't wait to go on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment