Friday, August 12, 2011

To pack a backpack or not...

So I've been doing some thinking about school. I'm not sure if I am ready to go back. I know what your thinking, as well as everyone else, 'once you stop, you don't go back'. Not a hundred percent true, but I can see how it gets there. I need to actually sit down and meet with an advisor, I might go later on today or early Monday morning. (love having my jeep, so now I can actually do things I want to do, when I want to do them!) just to see where I am at, and what I need to do to graduate. I want my diploma, whether it's simply just an associates in general studies or whatever it's called, I want that piece of paper. I've worked my ass off so far, and I don't want to quit. But I think once I'm done with my associates, I'm going to be done for a little while. I don't know what it is that I want to do. For me that's a tough place to be, tough thing to come to terms with. I love my job, truly, but I don't know if it's what I want to do for the rest of my life. I plan on working with the company I am at for a long time, because I really do enjoy what I do, who knows what I will think in a year - maybe I will go back and get my degree in business and continue on with my job and turn it into a career. There is no telling what the future will hold. There is no telling where we will be living 6 years from now - that's just part of this Navy life. And that's okay.

In reality, I'm only twenty-two. Twenty - two years young, but yet most days I feel like I'm at least thirty. I almost feel hypocritical when I tell (give advice.. same thing) someone they should really finish school first before marrying and what have you. But everyone seems to know what it is they want to do for a living, or a career. If you know what it is that you want to do, I say go for it and don't stop till you get there. But... in my case. I don't know. And that's okay. Regardless that everyone else from high school I know has graduated college, and are in their first post college job in the career of their choosing. It kind of stings that I'm not. For the most part, I knew what I wanted to do since I was young. It was always being a vet, and then a physical therapist. Now.. I don't know. I debate a lot about becoming a teacher, but I don't think I have the patience for that. But we'll see. I don't think you have to know what you want to do for the rest of your life. It is a little scary for me to think about that though.. that's a really long time!

I'm sure I'll figure it out, one day. But for right now, I think I am just going to enjoy where life takes me. Whether that means college now, or next semester. It'll happen when it's meant to.

No comments:

Post a Comment