Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Something white.

Wow. It's been a while. There's a lot of frustrations on my mind currently. None of them surprisingly having to do with Erik's family and only one of them wedding related. First I'll get to the good news tho! My wonderful mommy took a day off of work to drive my Jeep down - so I'm mobile again! And spent the weekend with us and we got to do some wedding things! Friday we just relaxed and talked and she got to see our home for the first time. Saturday we went wedding dress shopping and I found my beautiful wedding dress and ordered it! It should be here sometime in mid December!! I did tear up, but it wasn't like the wedding shows, such as Say yes to the Dress portray it to be, for me at least. I went to a wonderful little boutique and the lady (also owner) knew my budget and kept with it and only does one appointment at a time, so you have the whole store to yourself!! It was a much better appointment then the one I had earlier that morning - well just say 3 brides, and 7 bridesmaids who all belonged to the same bride do not mix well together! -  but it was perfect, it was just my mom and I and I loved it! Secondly, I booked my florist today! Another wonderful lady who is going to do exactly what I want! I'm really, really excited about both accomplishments.

I'm totally in a crafty, excited mood lately - well for the most part. So I'm heading out to JoAnn's Fabrics today to get some ribbon for the wedding. I've been leaning into making our own 'Save the Date' rather than ordering them. Invitations, yes I will order those, but I have a totally cute idea for the 'Save the Date'. So.. we'll see how that goes. I'm also planning on doing my own centerpieces, partially. It's this cute simplistic idea. I'll post pictures of it some time relatively soon, hopefully. But that's probably going to be all the DIY I do for the wedding. I might order our programs from vistaprint, and tie my own ribbon on them, but we'll see.

Now maybe my frustrations aren't fully warranted. Total possibility. I mean there are plenty of times where feelings are completely off the wall but I'm a girl and I am entitled to that. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of people complaining about random total bull hockeyness. And it really, has just gotten to me I guess. How consumed people are with themselves, how much of a pitty party people want to be thrown for them. I may complain on here, but this is my outlet, I don't go on facebook posting 'poor poor me'. I write out my feelings and feel better about it. I try to stay positive about a lot of things, even if it doesn't seem like it. I try to think about the positives in every situation and hope for the best. To me there is no sense in thinking the worst, you get yourself so worked up about everything and stress yourself out. Then you get sick because your stressed out. Not worth it. But I will say I get tired, of seeing people complaining about who knows what, things can always be worse. Always. Someone always has it worse than you do, no matter the situation. I don't know, I'm sure I am probably being a sour puss and over reacting about some of the things I've seen on facebook. Whatever. I'm just tired of a lot of people playing the 'I have it worse' game, or the 'Poor, poor me' or the 'throw myself a pitty party' game, or the most annoying on, 'I'm always the victim'. There are always those people, and I just really need to get better about ignoring it.

Now, for my wedding related frustration. I'm having a hell of a time deciding on a wedding reception venue. I don't want to spend a butt ton of money, like most places here charge, but I don't want people to be like 'well, she was obviously on a budget' I just can't forsee spending a ton of money on some food and maybe drinks for four hours. Maybe that's just being too frugal, but I can't. So it's been rather frustrating lately to say the least. Not to mention, to actually find a place that I love. But I'm sure it will work out. So fingers crossed, it works out soon, because I'm getting a little stressed out over it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment