Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our future..

Despite all the crazyness that I may lead on to believe is my life, I am pretty normal too. Everyone has struggles, trials, tribulations. It's life, it's the beauty in it.

Things happen, but you have to move on from it. Take it as it is, and go on. Make the best of it, and learn from it. I know - coming from the girl who complains and cries a lot, but it's true. And I'm really going to do my best in living up to my words better.

That being said, my wonderful husband and I are planning on starting our own family. We're not necessarily trying to concieve, but we aren't trying not to either. We're just, having fun and enjoying life and the days we have with each other. If it happens it happens, God has a plan for us and we're just letting him guide us along the way. We would love if it happened right away, but if it doesn't then that's perfectly okay too. This is one experience I do not want to put pressure on, nor expectations.

A lot of people I'm sure will judge us for wanting to really start our family so soon after getting married, and I really don't feel like justifying it to anyone. Erik and I are perfectly happy together, just us two. We've been through a lot as a couple, and have spent 4 years together - while he was deployed for a lot of it, we learned a lot about each other. We wouldn't of gotten married if it were different. We know we will be together for the rest of our lives, we don't believe in divorce and I can garuntee you that I would do anything to better our relationship. We have less than 2 years till Erik becomes deployable, so for us - it was a matter of either trying now, knowing that we need to be trying for a year before consulting a doctor, or do we want to wait an additional 5-6 years for a child. Neither one of us do, and it would be completely selfish to try for a baby while on sea duty. Regardless, it's in God's hands now - and that's how I plan on keeping it.

On the topic of shore and sea duty. I briefly talked some time before about how it was hard to get used to Erik being home all the time, but I absolutely love it. It really did take some time to get used to him being around all the time, and getting used to asking him to do things. I know its going to suck when he leaves again, but I can't let myself think like that. Instead, I take advantage of having him home and enjoy it. There comes a point where you can only plan so much around it. By all means we are going to try to have Erik home for all of our future childrens firsts, but if it doesn't work out that way, there is surely a rhyme and reason and there are also camera's created for that reason.

So anyways.. that's whats new post wedding. I can't wait to share wedding pictures with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment