Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Menu Monday on Tuesday


Another Menu Monday, well at this point its Tuesday, I promise I will post something different soon. I’m hoping to put together some tips for other work at home Mom’s and non-moms too, on how to overcome certain downfalls of working at home. But for now… here is our weekly menu and a slight update on where I am with my goals for 2014:

Monday: Chicken Stove Top Casserole

This is seriously the easiest dish I ever make, my mom used to make it for us when I was growing up, and now – I see why. You’ll need 2 Chicken Breasts (or 3 depending on your family – for us four, two works just fine) 8oz or so of Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Cream of Chicken, and Stove Top Stuffing. Boil the chicken breasts in lightly salted water. Drain and cut up into pieces. Bite size works best, nothing too big. Cream of chicken mixed with ½ a can of milk. Put chicken in a casserole dish, and the cream of chicken on top. Mixed steamable frozen veggies (or fresh ones – whichever floats your boat). Put those on top. Shredded Cheddar Cheese is sprinkled on top of that, and then a prepared box of Stove Top Chicken Stuffing goes on top. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. And you’re done!

Tuesday: Spaghetti Night!

Wednesday: Pizza Night (kind of redundant on the spaghetti –I know. But the boys are having a procedure done and I don’t want to have to cook)

Thursday: Lemon Rosemary Crockpot chicken (Link here). This is a new one for me. So I’ll have to see how it comes out!

Friday: Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie. I’m creating this one on a whim, I’ll update with a recipe shortly.

Saturday: We are grilling out with friends. So grilled chicken and some veggies.

Sunday: Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf. (Link Here)

 

As for 2014 things are going pretty well so far. I’ve been working out lately, about 4 times a week. It’s helping a lot with my mood, and I have a great friend who is holding me accountable. I go over to her house at 6am and we workout. Sometimes it’s a Pilates DVD, sometimes it’s the Butt Bible DVD and some Xbox Zumba. Sometimes I’m at my house working out. Either way, it’s on like Donkey Kong. I’ve also started eating better and am working to cut carbs and gluten out. I’m not joining in on the health fad that seems to be going around, but my thyroid symptoms have gotten much worse, so I’m almost wondering if there is a reasoning behind it. Regardless – it’s worth it to at least try. I won’t cut it out of the boys’ diets but, I can minimize what is in mine. I’ve been MUCH better about making time for me. I gave myself a pedicure a few weeks back, and am in need of one this weekend.  I’m looking for some craft projects to do with my new Cameo Silhoutte and am going to make a trip to JoAnn’s this weekend for some supplies as well a fabric to start a baby blanket for my sister-in-laws baby shower! I’m working much harder on leaving my phone on the counter, and it really does help! Believe it or not. I haven’t quite mastered leaving dirty dishes to be done until the boys are in bed, but one step at a time here. I think it’s good for them to see cleaning is a responsibility, but I do recognize that I need to focus more on being in the moment than chores.

How are your goals or resolutions coming along so far? Are you still working towards them or have you cast them to the side yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment