Monday, January 7, 2013

Thirty - Two Weeks

I just saw this and realized I never posted it because I never finished it, nor will I be able to now. So here is the last pregnancy blog post.

November 6th, 2012
32 weeks
Well, I had hoped I would of done a better job of documenting my journey during pregnancy, and keeping a written journal for the boys to look back on. Truth be told, I really don't have much written/blogged. I've been overly busy with work and taking care of the house and trying to take care of myself. Time has literally gotten away from me.

Someone told me when I was about 12-13 weeks along, that time flies by from about 16 weeks on - and boy were they right! It feels like time has literally flown by! I just wish it would slow down a little bit, because I want to enjoy this last month of it being just Erik and I. It's so exciting and scary at the same time to think that this is the last month we are a family of two.

We've pretty much finished the nursery, there are just a few last minute touches to make and it will be complete. There is a closet shelf that needs to be hung up in their closet to give us some extra storage, two crib skirts to make, and hanging up the first letter of their names above their cribs. There is also a print I'd like to get framed and hung up as well. Oh! And we need to get a diaper caddy for the living room, and their bedroom. Everything has pretty much been orgainized for the most part. We decided over the weekend not to do the DSNG (double Snap N Go), I just didn't feel like it was really worth the money, and Erik didn't like how it wasn't extremely sturdy. I figure for the first month or two we won't be going many places and can carry them in their carseats for when we do go somewhere. We've got our Combi side-by-side that they can go in as well as long as it's laying flat. I'm really hoping to wear them when we go places, it seems like it will make life much easier, and I'd rather have them on me than in a stroller!

We've had some pre-term labor scares over the past two weeks, I've had two trips to Labor and Delivery for contractions, turns out I was starting to dialate and was put on strict bedrest. My Dr didn't think it was necessary and removed that but I'm still taking it pretty easy. I find if I over do it, I'm in a lot of pain and contractions are bound to start. Erik has been wonderful about keeping me less stressed out and trying to help out around the house as well. He doesn't do it how I do it, but that's okay - and that's something I need to get used to. We have an appointment with our MFM tomorrow morning, so we have some questions we're wanting to ask him and are hoping for more of an explaination/concern. My OB was kind of a come in for a few minutes give his typical speech on twins and c-sections/vaginal birth and was gone. *Eyeroll* I'm not very happy with him and am considering switching.

The boys are super active, although I think space is getting pretty tight in there! Just overnight it's considerable different how much I have 'dropped' in the past two-three days. And boy am I feeling it in my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment