Saturday, December 10, 2011

Never ending battle.

It's still a battle. My body image vs Me.

We had our engagement pictures taken back on the 13th of November, and got them back last week. And I will firstly say I am in love with them. I am so utterly happy with our photographers and absolutely amazed that these are really us in the pictures! But.. on another token it's made me painfully aware of my poor body image.
In my head, I'm still vastly overweight. Okay - that in itself was an overstatement. But - I wasn't thin. I've lost about 20 pounds since last year. And for the most part.. I've been pretty good about keeping it off. I'm a fluctuator though, by about 5 pounds. But anyways - like I was saying. I think my body image of myself hasn't improved. I look at those pictures and notice right away that I look good. But yet I still want to loose another 10 more pounds. It's always, another ten more pounds and another ten. For some reason, I just don't grasp what it is that everyone else sees. I don't grasp that I do look pretty, or that I am at a good weight.

I'm not really sure how to solve this issue.. or at least correct it. I know it will always be a work in progress, this back and forth battle with my body image it would just be nice to learn how to correct those thoughts...

just what is on my mind at the moment. I know I've been a horrible blogger but I promise once things settle down I'll blog more. There have been numerous times I've wanted to, just extremely busy lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment